Extending the learning opportunities for students to enrol in skill oriented course straight after class XII in Bachelor of vocational studies. To harness the soft power of nation and provide Skill based knowledge, B.Voc courses will be right choice for those students who are aspiring for skilled courses rather then academic course. The course is of 3 years duration spanning across 6 semesters with hybrid model of teaching learning pedagogy ,designed to provide more practical orientation and equip students as work ready in choosen disciplines. With domain experts, Faculty mentors, industry interaction and mandatory industrial training , students can learn and grow in the areas of Travel and Tourism and Multimedia.
The institute hosts a conducive learning environment comprising of supportive infrastructure, expert resource person , Supportive industry network and placement assistance .
Why B.Voc in Travel and Tourism ?
• Tourism has a strong relevance to economic development, cultural growth and even national integration. Today, it is an important sector in constituting about 6.8% of the GDP.The UNWTO report says tourism has experienced continued growth and seen deepening diversification and is a key driver for economic growth and job opportunities. International tourist arrivals grew by 4.3 % in 2014 to 1.133 billion.
• For a country like India, which has been consistently strengthening its infrastructural and legal support system, at a very quick pace, it is very important for the job market and the professional requirements to link up with education in a way, that demands of the industry can be matched with and best talents can be procured from the indigenous human resource pool.
• In league with this vision, the B Voc Travel and Tourism Course is expected and is committed to building such competencies which will lead to greater employment of youngsters in this sector in a short period of time.
Key aspects of the Course
• The Course has a pattern of Credits, which is in adherence to the AICTE Guidelines and the Dr. Abdul Kalam Technical University’s pattern of Credit Based Grading System. The emphasis on skill-based component is that it focuses on developing the potential and in creating the competency in the student to be able to handle a specific job.
The eligibility condition for admission to B.Voc programme shall be 10+2 or equivalent, in any stream.
• In India, the tourism industry is expected to create 46 million job opportunities by 2025. The government’s initiatives in this field are uncovering a bright future for those who want to make a career in this field.
• Due to world famous monument Fatehpur Sikri and Taj Mahal of Agra, visit of national and international tourists has been significantly increasing day by day. As well as being connected to Mathura- Vrindavan( the Braj region) and Dayalbagh, there are also opportunities for spiritual and cultural tourism in this area.
• To meet the needs of the tourism industry and the lack of skilled human resources, Hindustan Institute of Management nd Computer Studies has started specifically designed course in the field of Travel and Tourism.
• The graduate level program aims to provide adequate knowledge and skill set in the field of Travel and Tourism for employment opportunities and entrepreneurship.
• Curriculum details would include a suitable mix of general education and skill development, which are designed for specific job roles in tourism and hotel industries.
• The course includes content, which equip skill development component in the candidate.
• Each year includes practical as well as theory courses, which impart appropriate and relevant knowledge of the industry.
• The candidate will be exposed to project work and on the job training in the industry to become ‘ready to work’ in the tourism and hospitality industry.
• The emphasis on Business communication and soft skills training will shape these students into confident young professionals.
• An exposure to best in industry and visits to various relevant trade fairs and other conferences and exhibitions could make the students well informed
• A strong training in business and computing skills prepares students for multi tasking.
• Hospitality Industry
• Transport and Cargo Companies
• Forts/ Resorts
• Tour Operators
• Immigration and Customs Services
• Ticketing Agencies
• Food Industry
• Transport Corporations
• Government Tourism Departments
• Hotels and Allied Service Industries
• Travel Agencies
The following major employment opportunities are visualized for graduates in – Travel and Tourism.
• Tourist assistant
• Trainee travel consultant
• Travel management executive
• Tour guide
• Tour & travel management
• Event management
• Tour operation manager
• Entrepreneurship in tourism industries
• Hotel assistant