At SGI, The Research & Development cell (R&D) provides administrative and managerial support for focused efforts to give expression to the creative urges of both faculty & students using R&D tools & techniques. In order to keep pace with today’s knowledge based economy, students and faculty alike or encourage to acquire new & state of the art knowledge to become next generation innovators; and product developers.
Research support activities are aimed at developing and integrating technologies both in emerging areas and in traditional sectors through innovation in product & services. Feasibility of fresh ideas & concepts are assessed for their potential into useful technology & product output.
For R&D Projects, Rs. 1 crore/year grant has been sanctioned & an equal amount is also available as incentive to faculty for publishing papers in refereed journals & organizing conferences. Interested students can avail of Summer & Winter jobs for R&D projects. This facility is also available to students for their Final Year project.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aims & objectives of R&D Cell include Administrative Support, which are mentioned below:
- To motivate the faculty members of the group for R&D activities in the area of their interest.
- To promote Research and Training among faculty members through In-house funding & sponsored Research projects.
- To promote B.Tech final year students research projects and innovations.
- To develop infrastructure and central facilities for optimal resource utilization.
- To promote co-operation between R&D public funding institutions and liaison with user institutions/companies for consultancy and sponsored projects.
- To create environment for faculty/students for opting for live projects, industry, Govt. sponsored projects.
- To collaborate with institutions of higher learning in India as well developed countries for Sandwich programmes/ Joint research projects.
- To develop modules for summer training for faculty of engineering colleges to upgrade their knowledge and skill.
- To make efforts for setting up entrepreneur training center in collaboration with SIDBI, NRDC & NGOs.
- To encourage faculty members of all the disciplines in engineering/science /humanities in R&D activities for their professional growth.
- To fulfil corporate social responsibility towards community.
- Conference /Symposium / Seminar / live workshop etc.
- **Skill Development under the scheme of Government of India, in association with National Skill Development Corporation & sector skill councils (part of a Govt. of India initiative with Industry support).
- For Engg. students: Higher education segment level 5, 6 & 7.
- MOU signed in 10 Sectors: Training started in IT, ITES, Electronics & Telecom sectors.
The main functions of R&D Cell include Administrative Support, which are mentioned below:
- In-house Project Grant to faculty.
- Sponsored Research Projects.
- Consultancy Jobs.
- Collaboration with Institutions in India and Abroad.
- AICTE funded Projects.
- Promotion of Institute-Industry interaction.
- Patents, Know-how and Transfer of Technology.
- Technology Development Projects Initiation Awards for Students (TDP-IAS).
- Research Assistance Grant to students of SGI and elsewhere.
- Selective Scholarships to Research scholars in IInd phase.
- Market Research / Business Development.
- Conference /Symposium / Seminar / live workshop etc. Search