BTech Civil Engineering is a professional undergraduate degree program that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of physical and naturally built environment including bridges, buildings, canals, dams etc. It is one of the oldest engineering disciplines that are based on science, mathematics and computational tools.
B.Tech Civil Engineering course at Sharda Group of Institutions imparts strong theoretical foundations to the students and combines practical learning with various areas such as construction, surveying, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering and town planning. Course duration is 4 years which is divided into 8 semesters. Civil engineers design and construct things that are part of our lives like roads, schools, homes, offices, airports etc. Even they also build things that we use in our daily routine like water system and electricity system.
Traditionally, civil engineering is divided into sub-disciplines including geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, environmental engineering, transportation engineering, coastal engineering, water resources engineering, construction engineering, and municipal or urban engineering.
Brief/Program Structure: The course curriculum at Sharda Group of Institutions has been built on strong foundation of achieving technological development that places a high impact on the design aspect of engineering which distinguishes their students from other engineering graduates. B.Tech Civil Engineering course is inter-disciplinary and covers a wide spectrum of electives that are aimed at in-depth understanding of computational fluid mechanics, geographical information system, remote sending and environmental science.
Students take a common core of civil engineering courses, and they can specialize in the areas of geotechnical, transportation or structural engineering etc. The curriculum at Sharda Group of Institutions lays intense focus on the strength of materials, soil mechanics, structural analysis, concrete technologies, design of steel structures, water resource engineering, hydraulic structure and machinery, building drawing, construction management and reinforced concrete structures.
Highlights of the Program
- Industry relevant courses in cutting edge technology of civil engineering
- Well-qualified and highly-dedicated faculty
- The program has strong learning components offering a range of departmental and cross-departmental electives
- Research oriented academic program with cutting-edge laboratories
- Modern computer labs with high-end workstations and newest software
- To identify, analyze, formulate and solve challenges in civil engineering
- To develop professional skills in the candidates that will prepare them for immediate employment and higher studies
- To develop abilities in the students for the application of necessary mathematical tools, basics and fundamental knowledge of civil engineering
- To produce graduates who are prepared for life-long learning and a successful career as civil engineers
- To develop professional, leadership and communication skills in the students
- Duration: 4 Years
- Qualification: 10+2 pass from a recognized board or university with Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and a minimum of 50% marks.